The 5/8” Smartfloor is manufactured using a treated wood stand technology that produces exceptional durability as well as resistance to fungal decay and insect damage. To further enhance dog-friendliness, we cover the entire interior floor of the kennel – dog boxes AND the feed alley/walkway – with a seamless, durable and waterproof polyurea coating.
What is polyurea and why do you want it in your custom outdoor dog kennel? The properties of this product match up so well with the wear and tear a dog can put on its living space and your efforts and desire to maintain it as a safe, clean and comfortable environment that we simply couldn’t have chosen a more perfect material.
Polyurea is an ideal floor coating for our pre-built dog kennels because of these properties:
- Seamless, durable, waterproof rubberized plastic
- Stretchy & malleable with the ability to “self heal” small areas of damage
- Corrosion and abrasion resistant
- Moisture resistant
- Superior tensile strength
- Outstanding adherence
- Works well in a wide range of temperature and humidity environments
- Slip resistant