Social media can be an incredible way to generate potential new business for your kennels but the thought of maintaining yet another thing scares many kennel owners away from ever getting started.
So why should you even bother to create a social media strategy?
Why Social Media Marketing is Worth the Effort for your Professional Dog Kennel?
- 90% of people on Instagram follow a business. (Source: Instagram)
- 73% of marketers believe that their efforts through social media marketing have been “somewhat effective” or “very effective” for their business (Source: Buffer)
- 54% of social browsers use social media to research products. (Source: GlobalWebIndex)
- 54% of Gen Z and 49% of Millennials say social media is their preferred channel for ad influence. (Source: Pitney Bowes)
- 79% of people say that user-generated content on social media significantly impacts their purchasing decisions. (Source: Stackla)
We’ve seen many of our kennel clients create profitable lead generation avenues through social media platforms like Instagram and Snapchat so we can attest to the value of setting up an effective social media strategy for businesses like yours. That’s why we’ve pulled together 4 great tips for how to market your business using social media that won’t make it feel like homework.
How to Successfully Market Your Kennel on Social Media
- Schedule posts ahead of time using an app – One of the easiest ways to get the social media algorithms to promote your account is by creating consistent content. But we know how kennel owners have enough on their plate, trying to keep an Instagram account running is the last thing on your mind! Now that Facebook has opened auto-posting capabilities to a variety of services, it’s never been easier to find an app that will work best for your business. A few popular apps are Later, Planoly, and Plann.
- Tag pet owners social accounts – Involving your current clients to help promote your social media accounts is an easy and effective way to boost your follower count (and who doesn’t love to get new shots of their furry family members?). Ask your boarding guests if they use social media and what their usernames are, then ask them to share any tagged pics of their pups relaxing at your kennel.
- Use pre-defined ‘happy’ spots and times – Instead of feeling overwhelmed at the thought of finding things to post, establish procedures that help you get shots easily. Set up webcams in common areas like dog runs or feeding areas and post screenshots, or shoot a pic of happy pups playing together during scheduled times for play and socializing. By incorporating content creation during already-scheduled events, you’ll reduce the friction that comes with adding a new task to your plate while still helping to grow your business.
- Don’t go crazy with platforms – It can feel overwhelming to see how many different platforms are available for social media content, but don’t give in to the pressure of being everywhere. Instead, pick 1 – 2 platforms that are where your customers already frequent. Depending on the age group of your clients, that could be Facebook (Gen X), Instagram or Snapchat (Millennials), TikTok (Gen Z), or even YouTube if you’re comfortable with video. Focusing your effort on one primary social media channel will help reduce the overwhelm and make your marketing efforts more effective.
Adding social media marketing to your business can create incredible profits without drastically increasing your kennel costs. Give one of these 4 pet business social media marketing tips a try to help reduce the overwhelm and start generating new leads now.