~Perfect coop for 6 -10 chickens~
- 4 Nest Boxes
- Hinged Nest Box Lid
- Hinged Chicken Door with Latch
- Detachable Wooden Chicken Ramp (painted/stained to match coop)
- Roost Bar
- 20″w x 40″ h (Lockable) Access Door
- Window with Screen & Vinyl Coated Mesh
- Hinged Drop Vent with Latch and Vinyl Coated Mesh
- Your Choice Wood Siding: Pine Board & Batten or Tongue & Groove (stained) OR LP Smartside (painted)
- Pressure-Treated Wood Legs and Base
- 2×4 Floor Joist 16″ On Center
- 5/8″ Pressure-Treated Plywood Floor
- 2×3 Rafters with 7/16″ Techshield Sheathing
- 30 Year Architectural Shingles
Take a Look Inside
The roost bar is approximately 22″ from the floor and 7 1/2″ from the back wall/ventilation window.
Each nest box is approximately 1′ x 1′. The 1″x3″ framing in front keeps nesting materials (as well as eggs or chicks!) in the box.
Here’s a bonus feature: Our nest boxes are constructed as a separate unit that is not permanently attached to the coop. They’re easy for you to reposition – or remove – for thorough cleaning. No more trying to reach into every little nook and cranny!
Collecting the Eggs
Collecting the eggs isn’t a chore – it takes just minutes a day! The Mini Chicken Coop 2 operates on the same principle as all our other coops with its easily accessible nesting box with lid.
You don’t have to bend down and reach inside the coop… Simply lift the nest box lid from the outside and reach in to gather your eggs. The hinged panel rests on the coop so there’s no need to worry about it falling on your hands or your chickens.
This is not a kit or just chicken coop plans…
This generous opening allows in plenty of what’s good for chickens… Fresh air and light keep your flock healthy and happily laying lots of eggs.
Solid wood hinged panel latches tightly closed to keep chickens warm and dry.
Vinyl-coated wire mesh keeps predators out when the panel is open.
In order to provide coast-to-coast delivery of our small chicken coops, we MAY require the services of a commercial carrier. This means that your mini chicken coop MAY arrive via a large tractor trailer truck. Please call us at 888-447-4337 if you have concerns about the truck accessing your property. We will work with you to the best of our ability to make the delivery; however, your assistance may be needed in some instances.
Horizon Structures chicken coops are delivered fully-assembled and ready for same-day use. Mini chicken coop pricing includes placement.